Are you interested in a career with AutoTrip?
Apply below and join our team as we create state-of-the-art connected car technology
Permanent | Bankside/London Bridge | Competitive Salary
AutoTrip is radically improving the way drivers in the workforce manage their daily lives, taking the mundane and tedious task of logging mileage expenses, and automating it through an easy to use software solution (and soon to come app!). We’ve built an industry-leading mileage capture system, and applied machine learning techniques to improve trip accuracy, intelligently collating data points for a great user experience, and to ensure they get rid of horrible expense forms for good.
Led by its serial entrepreneur MD, AutoTrip successfully closed a funding round in March 2018. The final phase of its core product is near complete, funds have been secured to build out the team to embark on commercialising the business by growing its existing customer base, along with future tech development. The Customer Operations Manager role will be key to future business development.
AutoTrip is a small team that has received close to £1m in funding through angel investment, crowdfunding, the Mayor’s London Co-Investment Fund and Sustainable Accelerator. It also won a competition and grant funding with the government backed Innovate UK as part of a consortium relating to connected autonomous vehicles.
AutoTrip is seeking a customer service focused individual, eager to get involved in an early stage business that is about to take off. We are looking for someone who is prepared to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and get directly involved as you’ll initially be the sole member of the customer support team. You will be working alongside our MD, tech team, marketing manager, business development manager and finance to develop a first class customer service procedure, as well as playing a lead role in providing sales and operational support.
This role involves working closely with AutoTrip’s customers, providing product training, answering queries, and reporting back to the tech team as we continue to develop our product. As the ‘face’ of the business, you’ll become a product expert and help steer the development of new features and changes, to help ensure we’re delivering the best possible service. As the customer base expands, the Customer Operations Manager will be responsible for building and managing a new team to provide customer, sales and operational support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of a growing team, working directly alongside the MD and reporting into senior management. The company is at a pivotal stage, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and spirited person, willing to get involved with all aspects of the business. This is a genuine opportunity for the right person to progress quickly, helping to build a support team and taking ownership over a key area of the business.
• Develop, lead and execute the company’s customer, sales and operational support functions
• To ensure the business provides the highest possible quality support to its customers
• Implement and oversee the automation of billing and credit control and follow on customer support relating to servicing payments
• Package, ship and distribute AutoTrip’s products, streamlining the operational process and ensure timely management of delivery and returns
• Develop and monitor customer service KPIs on a day-to-day basis, reporting to the MD and commercial team on a regular basis
• To ensure continued high levels of customer retention, especially as the business expands
• Help with daily tasks such as monitoring feedback, training sessions and general customer related tasks such as check in calls/emails
• You will help to maintain up to date customer records/profiles and identify upsell/opportunities
• Be a customer advocate and work directly with our product team to help improve AutoTrip (feature requests, improvements, bugs)
Who we’re looking for?
• You’re passionate about all things customer service: you truly appreciate the importance of having happy customers and how to keep them that way! You’re a highly trusted relationship builder, and enjoy building long-term relationships with clients
• You enjoy putting structures in place, and improving operational process where there previously were none. You are highly organised and never miss a trick. You enjoy a challenge, and are excited to apply your skills to influence multiple facets of the business
• Multi-tasker: you have the ability to manage, juggle and run multiple tasks, but double down and focus on those that will have the biggest impact. You are confident in your ability to manage time effectively
• Interpersonal skills: you have the ability to forge strong relations with both customers and the team you are working with. You will collaborate with other teams to implement strategies and processes to improve customer activation, retention, reduce churn and drive referrals
• Communication skills: it goes without saying you will need both excellent written and telephone skills. You may be even willing to help out with the odd blog post!
• An entrepreneurial flair and passion for the start-up sector together with a positive, execution oriented attitude. You are eager to rapidly grow and develop with the company, capable of taking on greater responsibility as the team grows
• Problem-solving ability: You have an analytical mind-set and can navigate obstacles in a thoughtful, effective and efficient manner. You’re resilient. You question the status-quo and are constantly looking for opportunities to improve
• 2-3 years in a customer service role, preferably within a technology company
• Comfortable with technology, both to support and use on a day to day basis
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Experience using CRM and accounting systems
• Competent at reporting and analysing relevant KPIs
As well as offering a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution, AutoTrip provides the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Directly reporting into the senior management team of an entrepreneurial early stage business
• Real potential for short-term career advancement in a growing and ambitious team
• Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference
• A fast-paced and exciting challenge
• A lively fun workspace in a great location close to the Tate Modern
• Plus, all the perks of working in a fun, early-stage company
No recruitment agencies please
- Understanding our existing Front-end architecture (React.js)
- Building high-quality, responsive web applications
- Developing new functionality for our existing applications
- Working closely with our back-end developers in consumption of RESTful APIs
- Collaborating with the Product Team and UI/UX Designer to deliver new features and experiences
- Inculcating a robust development, build and deployment process
- Commercial experience building consumer facing high quality interactive web applications using React.js
- An expert in clean, semantic, accessible markup and cross-browser compatible CSS
- Knowledge of ES6+
- Appreciation of design, usability and UI
- Aware of technologies used in web applications e.g. Databases, CDNs, Linux command line tools and production ops processes
- Familiarity with Git
- Aware of web security concepts
- Experienced in the development and consumption of RESTful APIs.
- Experienced with tools like Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Babel
What’s in it for you?
Along with a fantastic opportunity of making a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution, AutoTrip is offering the following:
- Excellent short-term career advancement
- Opportunity to join an early stage business poised for expansion
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary reviewed regularly
- Relaxed and informal office atmosphere in the heart of London
- 25 days annual holiday allowance